The Plot Thickens
The following will be our house rules for game play:
- Unless clearly preceded with the statement “Out of Character”, everything said during play shall be reacted to as if in character.
- Nothing is written in stone (unless it’s runes), especially the rules. Lore, PCs, NPCs, environments, history, all can appear different depending on your perspective.
- Invariable I will forget to paint for you the picture in MY HEAD, please use rule 0.5 and remind me in such circumstance.
- If a subject is brought up that you dislike, either in game or on this site, please let me know, rule 2 is there for a reason. I will endeavour to minimise the impact, or completely change tack, depending on the level of discomfort.
- On occasion you are going to ask me a question I might not be prepared for, invariably in such circumstance I will repose the question back to you, e.g.
- Me: You enter a bustling city square.
- Alex: Are there any shops? (or Can I see any shops?)
- Me: Many, what shops do you see?
- The reason, is you are invariably looking for a specific thing, and I cannot read minds. The answers you give will prompt me, but may not be accurate, see rule 2.
- Alex: A magic shop.
- Me: Yes, Marik’s Wondrous Emporium. Do you wish to enter?
- ALL: YES!!!
- Me: You enter the small store, lowering your heads to get past the sagging canvas awning. Inside the walls are lined with tables covered in all manner of odds and ends. On one table is a rolled carpet, with tasselled ends, numerous small figurines and a small tarnished candelabra, with 2 sputtering candles, their wax dripping on to the carpet…..